Job Posting: Professional Nurse (Palliative Care)
Job Reference Number: POST 28/341
- Grade 1: R293 670 per annum
- Grade 2: R358 626 per annum
- Grade 3: R431 265 per annum
Location: Worcester Regional Hospital, Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services
- Minimum educational qualification: Basic R425 qualification (i.e., diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse and Midwife
- Registration with a professional council: Registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and Midwife
- Experience: Grade 1: None. Grade 2: A minimum of 10 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse in General Nursing. Grade 3: A minimum of 20 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse in General Nursing
- Inherent requirements of the job: Oral and verbal competency in at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape, of which English should be one. Computer Literacy. Physical and mental competency to perform the job. Willingness to undergo Palliative Care Training. Able and willing to work clinically and after hours, including standby duties. Willingness to travel and in possession of a valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence. Willingness to provide training to the multidisciplinary team members and other role-players
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Excellent theoretical and clinical knowledge in general nursing and experience in/knowledgeable about palliative care. Passionate about palliative care. Flexible, Responsive, Critical and Creative thinking, Complex problem-solving skills, ability to work collaboratively within the MDT and between internal and external teams
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the provision of holistic institutional nursing care to patients in an environment which promotes core values and human dignity
- Ensuring that quality of nursing care is facilitated cost effectively, efficiently and equitable whilst at the same time ensuring compliance to the requirements of professional and ethical practices
- Ensuring realization of strategic goals and objectives of the Palliative unit with regards to inpatient and outpatient care
- Ensuring supportive role from ward staff i.r.o end of life patients, receiving and referrals of patients, performing patient assessments and ensuring patients are appropriately managed and monitored by mentoring and guiding ward staff appropriately
- Ensuring that effective health promotion and comprehensive health care are in place for treatment of patients and ensure the effective utilization of resources to provide quality and sustainable patient care
- Coordination of relevant monthly meetings, liaison and communication with multi-disciplinary teams, effective utilization of training and research opportunities and effective administrative management of reporting on Palliative care
For further information about this position, please contact Ms RM Bezuidenhout at Tel No: (023) 348-1104.
Applicants can apply online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online applications”).
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency test. Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted on or before the interview. This concession is only applicable on health professionals who apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status).
CLOSING DATE: 01 September 2023