Job Posting: Professional Nurse (Specialty: Theatre)
Job Reference Number: POST 28/339
- Grade 1: R431 265 per annum
- Grade 2: R528 696 per annum
- (Plus, a non-pensionable rural allowance of 8% of your annual basic salary is payable)
Location: Riversdale Hospital, Garden Route District
- Minimum educational qualification: Basic R425 qualification (i.e., Diploma/Degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse and Midwife
- A post-basic nursing qualification with a duration of at least one year in Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Operating theatre technique, which allows registration with SANC
- Registration with a professional council: Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse and Midwife
- Experience: Grade 1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing. Grade 2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing. At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in an Operating Theatre Unit after obtaining the 1-year post-basic qualification as mentioned above
- Inherent requirement of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence. Willingness to perform night duty, on-call, after-hour, and weekend standby duties for the hospital
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Skilled Nurse Clinician able to lead and assist in managing the Operating Theatre. Ability to analyse and interpret information and statistics, provide and compile reports, and establish and monitor effective theatre, IPC and CSSD practices in Theatre. Manage effective appropriate and updated Theatre services. Stock and equipment management, problem solving and decision-making skills. Assist in Human Resource and Financial Management
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring quality patient care regarding the identification of nursing care needs, the planning & implementation of nursing care and the education of nursing & other personnel with regards to Theatre services
- Rendering advanced clinical nursing care and supporting clinical staff with all theatre and surgical procedures, IPC practices and CSSD procedures
- Utilizing human resources, material, and physical resources efficiently and effectively in the theatre
- Maintaining professional growth/ethical standards and self-development
- Providing effective training and research in Theatre and for all nursing staff
For further information about this position, please contact Mr P Moolman at Tel No: (028) 713-8643.
Applicants can apply online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online applications”).
NOTE: Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted on or before the day of the interview. This concession is only applicable to candidates who apply for the first time for registration in the post basic qualification: Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Operating Theatre Nursing.
CLOSING DATE: 01 September 2023