Job Posting: Principal Porter
Job Reference Number: POST 28/347
Salary: R147 036 per annum
Location: New Somerset Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: Grade 9/Standard 7 or General Education and Training Certificate
- Experience: Appropriate experience in porter services in a hospital environment
- Inherent requirements of the job: Willingness to perform duties at irregular hours and over time, when required. A valid Code (B/EB) driver’s licence. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. Willingness to cover/work shifts when required.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to achieve and maintain good interpersonal relations with staff and service providers. Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ability to work independently and in a team context. Knowledge of the grievance procedure, code of good practice: dismissal and disciplinary code and procedure for the public service. Must be of sober habits. Thorough knowledge of contracts, with regards to funeral contractors, the Dead-On-Arrival protocols, the removal of corpses protocol and handling of folders protocol.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Controlling and managing the utilization of personnel to ensure the patient is transported to treatment areas timeously
- Ensuring that disciplinary procedures are effectively enforced
- Ensuring that personnel collect/clean wheelchairs, trolleys and collect blood hampers
- Effective execution of all administrative functions applicable on a supervisory level and providing effective support to the Administrative Officer
For further information about this position, please contact Ms F Hardnick at Tel No: (021) 402-6623.
Applicants can apply online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online applications”).
NOTE: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Candidates will be required to undertake a practical test.